Nancy and I both love this tasty parsley salad. If you’ve had Tabouli at a shawarma shop or as a side with a Mediterranean meal and want to make it here’s how you do it. It’s simple and good.
- 1/3 cup bulgur wheat
- 2 clove garlic crushed
- 3 whole lemons, juiced
- 1 cup mint(1 fresh bunch),chopped
- 8 cups parsley(8 bunches), chopped
- 4 whole green onions, both white and green parts sliced thin
- 3 whole tomatoes ripe, diced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cover bulgur with warm water and soak for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out excess water.
- Mix in the lemon juice, crushed garlic , salt and pepper. Allow this to rest until bulgur is soft, about 30 minutes.
- Wash the mint and parsley well and dry it.
- Chop parsley and mint finely using a knife or food processor (if using a food processor it helps to use the pulse in order to prevent chopping to fine and turning the herbs to a puree).
- Combine the mint, parsley, scallions and tomatoes and bulgur mixture .
- Toss with olive oil . Add lemon juice, add salt & pepper and adjust to taste.