These are a great side for BBQ, just remember to sleep in separate rooms the following night. 🙂
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 3/4 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup shallot, diced
- 1 teaspoon dark mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix a little warm water with flour for a roux.
- Pour both cans of beans into a casserole dish.
- Mix roux into beans.
- Add all remaining ingredients to casserole dish and mix together.
- Cover, place in oven and bake for approximately 90 minutes, stirring every half hour until sauce has thickened.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes covered.