This recipe is my own recipe for country style mashed potatoes. It goes great with BBQ and also with chicken fried steak.
- 5 large russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup green onion, whole,diced small
- 1/4 cup onion, diced small
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, finely ground
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, finely ground
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the potatoes by first rubbing lightly with oil and then baking them in the oven for 1 hour or until they are tender when peirced.
- Let them Cool.
- Cut potatoes into quarters and mash (With skin on) now remove about half of the skin from the bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, add garlic, corn and onion.
- Saute for 5 minutes or until onion is clear and soft.
- Add the potatoes and remaining ingredients to the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring often until hot.