Recently I found out a method to peel potatoes that was truly amazing and so very simple. You’ll be amazed at the ease of doing this and will love it if you ever have to peel large numbers for a dinner.
What you need
- x number of any thick skinned potato
- A large pot to boil them (with water of course)
- A medium bowl of ice water
- A small knife
How you do it
- Bring water to boil.
- While you wait, wash your spuds.
- Score the skin (not too deeply) in a complete circle around the middle of the whole potato (the short way).
- Boil the potatoes whole for 15 min.
- Place boiled potatoes one at a time in ice water for 10 seconds each.
- Now squeeze the two ends of the potato and the skin will slide right off.